WESLEY WILLOWS FUND DEVELOPMENT
Wesley Willows is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing a lifetime of care for residents. Caring for residents is at the heart of who we are. Your generosity helps make it possible.
We guarantee a lifetime of care when our residents have outlived their financial resources.
Wesley Willows History
In 1957, our visionaries, Roy and Minnie Johns donated 16 acres of the 160-acre Johns Family farm to build a church and a home for the elderly. Their dreams were that once a senior move to a home, they would not be asked to leave due to financial reasons. The Good Samaritan Fund was created before the first person moved into Wesley Willows.
On June 16, 1966, a Methodist minister’s widow was the first resident to move in. Wesley Willows was the first senior home of its kind in Northern Illinois.
In 1972 the “First Annual Benefit” for the Good Samaritan Fund was created to help the fund financially.
Today, Wesley Willows serves over 700 residents on 234 acres of land. Every resident that moves into Wesley Willows has the peace of mind knowing they will be cared for a lifetime, even if their financial resources have been exhausted. An average of 30 residents per year are helped through the Good Samaritan Fund.