Wesley Willows is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing a lifetime of care for residents. Caring for our residents is at the heart of who we are. Your generosity helps make it possible. We guarantee a lifetime of ongoing personalized care when our residents have outlived their financial resources.
Wesley Willows History
In 1957, our visionaries, Roy and Minnie Johns donate 16 acres of the 160-acre Johns Family farm to build a church and a home for the elderly. Their dreams were that once a senior moved into a home, they would not be asked to leave due to financial reasons. The Good Samaritan Fund was created before the first person moved into Wesley Willows.
June 16, 1966, a Methodist minister’s widow was the first resident to move in. Wesley Willows was the first senior home of its kind in Illinois west of the Fox River.
In 1972 the “First Annual Benefit” for the Good Samaritan Fund was created to help the fund grow financially.
Today, Wesley Willows serves over 700 residents on 270 acres of land. Every resident that moves into Wesley Willows has the peace of mind knowing that they will be cared for a lifetime even if their financial means have been exhausted. An average of 40 residents per year are helped through the Good Samaritan Fund.